This bread was adapted from Barlin Ali's book Somali Cuisine.
2 c. semolina flour
1/4 c. flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 ts. onion powder
1 ts. garlic; minced
1/2 ts. instant yeast
1 1/4 c. warm water
salt to taste
1. Combine the flours, sugar, onion powder, yeast, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
2. Add the water and knead to make a dough.
3. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 6 hours.
4. Work the dough gently with your hands and set aside to let rise a second time.
5. Using wet hands, divide into 6 pieces.
6. Roll with the palm of your hands to form a ball.
7. Place on an oiled baking pan, spacing them 2 - 3 inches apart.
8. Cover tightly with foil and place on the lower rack of the oven for about 15
minutes or until the bottom is golden in color.