Steak and Cheese Rolls
1/4 lbs. beef; cut into VERY small pieces
1 Tbsp. oil
1/4 cup onions; finely chopped
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. cheese; grated
1/4 ts. cumin
1/4 ts. salt
1/2 ts. pepper
2 Tbsp. carrots; shredded
10 slices of bread; crust removed and set aside
1 egg; beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
1 cup breadcrumbs
flour paste (1 Tbsp. flour + 2 Tbsp. water)
1. Heat oil in a pan; add the beef and brown for 2 minutes.
2. Add the onion and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
4. Add the mayonnaise, cheese, cumin, salt, pepper, and carrots to the
meat mixture; stir well.
5. If you have not removed the crust from the bread, do so now.
6. Flatten each piece of bread with a rolling pin.
7. Spread a very thin layer of flour paste on each piece of bread.
8. Place 1 teaspoon of the mixture on one end of each piece.
9. Roll up tightly making sure the seam is closed.
10. Break the crusts into little pieces. (20 little pieces for 10 slices of
11. Dip each little piece of crust into the paste; insert into each end of the
12. Dip each roll in the egg and water mixture.
13. Then dip into the breadcrumbs; turn to make sure it is completely
14. Fry in hot oil.
15. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.