A source of pythochemicals known as condensed tannins; these berries are powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory effect. The good news about tannins is the fact that cooking could not destroy it. Although most of us only know that cranberries are good for urinary tract infection, studies have also showed that there are other benefits of this humble fruit. Scientists now believe that this same fruit can help ward off health problems like ulcer and gum problems.
Benefits of Cranberries
- Improve the body's circulatory system.
- A daily glass of cranberry juice will treat diseases like cystitis.
- Provide relief for asthma patients.
- Condensed tannins in cranberries can inhibit the oxidation of bad cholesterol and as a result protects body against atheroscelrosis.
- Tannins are also considered an important contributor to a healthy heart.
- Acts as bactericide and affects the acidity of the urine. In effect, it disrupts the development of kidney stone formation.
1 c. frozen cranberries
2 c. orange juice
5 Tbsp. sugar
1 can of Sprite/7 up
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients.
2. Cover and process for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Strain into chilled glasses; serve immediately.