A Step-byStep Guide to Making Muuffo
Makes 10 1 inch thick pieces
3 cups self-raising flour
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. garlic; minced
1 Tbsp. yeast
5 1/2 - 6 cups warm water
oil for drizzling
1. Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Mix well making sure that there are no lumps.
3. Let stand covered in a warm place for 2 hours.
4. Heat a small frying pan on medium heat. This is a VERY small frying pan. It is 5 1/2 inches wide and 1 inch deep. This pan can be found at Zellers, Walmart, and Giant Tigers.
5. Pour 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and cover.
6. When the bottom has browned and the top has developed holes, drizzle with 1/2 tsp. of oil.
7. Flip and cover.
8. Once it has browned, drain on a napkin or paper towel.
NOTE: These are really thick and are best served with a sauce that is soupy. ALso the bigger the pan that is used, the flatter the muuffo will be.