Maraq Hilib Ari (goat meat stew) with Muufo Baraawe
2 Tbsps. oil
1sm. onion; chopped
1 lbs. goat; cut into pieces and boiled (I usually boil it for 2 hours.)
5 roman or plum tomatoes; ct into cubes
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsps. basil; chopped
1 med. potato; peeled and cut into medium cubes
1/2 med. eggplant; cut into medium cubes
2 carrots; cleaned and cut into medium pieces
2 ts. garlic
1/4 ts. cumin powder
1/4 ts. coriander powder
1. Heat the oil in a pan; add the onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add the goat, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and the lemon juice.
3. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the basil, potato, eggplant, and carrots; cook until tender.
5. Add the garlic, cumin, and the coriander; stir and remove from the heat.
6. Let rest for 15 minutes.
Taken from Barlin Ali's book Somali Cuisine