1/4 c. semolina flour
1 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 ts. yeast
1 ts. cardamom powder
1 c. warm water
oil for frying
salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
2. Cover and let rise for at least 2 hours.
3. Heat a pan over low heat.
4. Oil the pan with a little oil (just a drop to make the pan shinny) and pour about 1 cup of the batter in it.
5. Cover and cook until the bottom is golden brown.
6. sprinkle a small amount of oil on top and flip.
7. Cook until golden.
While this looks like muffo, it has a totally different taste and texture.
Taken from Barlin Ali's book Somali Cuisine