Tuna and Tomato Pasta Sauce




1/4 olive oil
1 sm. onion; finely chopped
5 cloves garlic; minced
1 can tuna; drained and flaked
1 5 oz. can tomato paste
14 oz can crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp. corriander
1 Tbs. cilantro; chopped
3 basil leaves; chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic.
2. Cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the tuna and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and the crushed tomatoes.
5. Cook for about 20 minutes.
6. Add the cilantro, basil, and corriander; simmer for about 10 minutes.

Comments

  1. Salam aleikum. You are awesome. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaamu alaykum, a friend of mine whose husband is from Ghana makes something kinda like this. With rice, though, and sans the banana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

    First of all I hope this reaches you in good state of health and imaan insha Allah

    Subhan Allah, where do I start, your recipes are great masha Allah
    It almost feels weird, in a good way, for me coz I hardly ever see receipes like these online because I recognise most of them.

    I am so excited to visit this website, hope you kept it up insha Allah

    JazakAllah khayr sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamu alaykum sis, This is for you - http://thestrivingmuslimah.blogspot.com/2009/03/tagged-mom-of-year-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making this for dinner tonight. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somali Cake

Shaah (Somali Tea) and Somali Sweets

A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Sambusa Wrappers