1 lbs. goat; boiled for 2 hours or until tender.
3 cups of white basmati rice; rinsed until liquid is clear
1/4 cup of oil
1 onion; sliced
1 carrot; chopped
3 chicken cubes
4 cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
4 cups chicken stock (a little more might be needed)
1. Heat the oil in a flat bottomed pot.
2. Add onions, chicken cubes, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon; saute until the onion
3. Add the goat and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the rice and the chicken stock; cover and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and cook until the rice is tender. This can take between 15 - 20 minutes.
6. Fluff with a fork.
Labels: Somali food