7 cups sugar
2 liters water (take out 1 cup and set aside)
3 tea bags
1 1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup butter
1 1/2 ts. cardamom powder
2 - 3 ts. nutmeg
6 Tbsp. oil
1. Soak the tea bags in the cup of water; set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Combine the remaining water, sugar, and cornstarch; stir well.
3. Once the sugar and cornstarch are well mixed; turn up the heat to medium - high (7 or 8) and
add the tea. (Remove the teabags.)
4. Do not stir until it thickens.
5. In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp. oil with the cardamom and nutmeg.
6. Stir halwa every two minutes until it has thickened a bit.
7. Add the remaining 4 Tbsp. of oil and stir well.
8. Add the butter a little at a time, mixing in between.
9. Keep stirring mixture until it is very thick; add the oil and cardamom mixture.
10. Keep stirring until it is too difficult to stir the halwa.
11. Pour the halwa into a grease pan; cover with plastic wrap and set aside to cool.
This takes about an hour and a half to make. Enjoy!