1/2 lbs. beef; cut into large pieces
2 Tbsp. oil
1 onion; chopped
2 sm. tomatoes; chopped
1 lg. potato cut into large pieces or 6 small new potatoes
1 ts. garlic; minced
1 ts. coriander
1 ts. curry powder
6 asparagus spears; cut in half
1 cup of water or reserved liquid from the beef
salt to taste
1. Boil the until beef until tender. This can take up to 2 hours depending on the cut of the beef.
2. Remove beef from the liquid and set aside. (The liquid can be used at a later date if frozen or
3. Heat oil in a large pot, add the onions and cook until translucent.
4. Add the tomatoes and garlic; simmer covered for 15 minutes.
5. Add the beef, potatoes, 1 cup of reserved liquid, coriander, and curry powder; simmer
covered until the potatoes are tender.
6. Add the asparagus and salt; simmer for 2 minutes.