1 cup yellow split peas
1 red chilli - finely chopped with seeds
2 onions - finely diced
1 ts. turmeric
1/2 ts. ground cumin
1/2 ts. fresh gingerginger
Salt to taste
1. Soak the peas over night in cold water, allowing a few inches above the top for swelling; drain
2. In a processor blend the chili until finely minced.
3. Add the onion and blend until just mixed, in small pieces but not mushy.
4. Spoon the onions and chili in to a bowl.
5. Blend the lentils in the unwashed processor and blend until well mixed and mashed.
6. Mix them in to the onions and add the turmeric
7. Add salt to taste.
8. With damp hands mould the mix into small balls the size of a soup spoon and flatted slightly in
the palm of your hands (a bit like falafel's)
9. Deep fry in hot oil until golden
10. Drain on kitchen towel and serve