2 Tbs. olive oil
1 med. onion; finely chopped
1 tomato; finely chopped
3 cloves garlic; minced
2 chicken cubes
6 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups soor (white or yellow cornmeal)
2 Tbs. butterPepper
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese; grated
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add the tomato; simmer covered for 10 minutes or until they are very soft.
4. Add the chicken cubes and the stock; bring to a boil.
5. Gradually sprinkle the soor over in a very slow, thin stream, whisking constantly in the
same direction until no lumps remain.
6. Reduce the heat to very low and stir with a wooden spoon every 2 minutes for 25 to
30minutes, or until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan and it has softened.
7. Stir in the butter and mozzarella and remove from heat.