3/4 cup uncooked rice
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 ts. salt
1 1/2 cups milk
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. sugar
3 egg yolks; well beaten
3 egg whites; beaten
1. Boil rice, water, butter, and salt until all the liquid is absorbed.
2. Stir in the milk and cook until all the milk is absorbed. (Rice should be really soft.)
3. Add egg yolks and sugar; stir with a fork.
4. Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Shape into balls and then put back in the refrigerator.
6. Dip each ball in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
7. Deep fry until golden brown.
8. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.