1 cup dark brown sugar; packed
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter; softened
1/8 ts. salt
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
1 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. Mix the brown sugar, flour, butter, salt, and coconut together until crumbly.
2. Spread 2/3rds in a foil lined 9x9 inch pan; set aside.
3. In a small pot, mix the sugar, lemon juice, pineapple, butter, and cornstartch.
4. Bring to a boil while stirring over medium heat; cool slightly.
5. Spread over bottom layer and cover with remaining crumbs.
6. Lightly press crumbs down with your hand.
7. Bake in a 350 F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cut while warm into 36 squares.