1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp. water
3 egg yolks
1 lemon, juice and rind
3 egg whites
handful of graham cracker crumbs
1. Crumble the crumbs, butter, and sugar together until mealy; press into a foil lined 9x9 inch
2. Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 F oven.
3. Combine the sugar, flour, egg yolks, lemon juice, and grated rind in a heavy pot.
4. Cook stirring constantly until thickened.
5. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into hot thickened mixture. Spread over cookie base.
6. Sprinkle with crumbs and bake in a 350 F oven for 3 minutes.
7. Cut into 36 squares.