Chicken and Potato Bechamel
4 chicken breasts; cubed
1 lg. onion; chopped
1 ts. garlic; minced
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 ts. salt
1/2 ts. pepper
2 lg. potatoes; halved and quartered
juice of 1 lime
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese; shredded
1. Deep fry potatoes and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan; add the onion and garlic.
3. Add the chicken, salt, water, pepper, and lime juice; cook covered for 15 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the mixture into a baking dish.
6. Pour bechamel sauce over the mixture and then sprinkle with cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
2 cups hot milk
1 ts. salt
1 Tbsp. bouillon granules or completely dissolve 1 chicken cube
1. Heat the butter in a saucepan until melted.
2. Add the flour and bouillon; stir until smooth.3. Add the milk to the butter and flour mixture; whisk until smooth.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to very low.
5. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.