8 slices bread; crust removed
1/2 cup cream cheese; softened
2 Tbsp. chives
2 eggs lightly beaten with 2 Tbsp. milk
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1. Mix the cream cheese and the chives.
2. Spread 4 slices of bread with the cream cheese mixture.
3. Top with remaining slices of bread; press down firmly.
4. Cut each "sandwich" into 4 triangles.
5. Toss triangles into the flour.
6. Dip triangles in the egg and milk, then in the combined breadcrumbs and parmesan.
7. Place on tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. Deep fry in hot oil until browned.
9. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.