Filling (This makes enough for 20 sambusa.)
1 lbs. ground beef
1 Tbsp. oil
1 onion; finely chopped
1 ts. cumin
1/2 ts. coriander
2 ts. garlic; minced
1 ts. pepper
1/2 ts. salt
1. Heat the oil in a pan; add the ground beef and brown.
2. Add the onions and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add the cumin, coriander, garlic, pepper, and salt; cover and saute for 2 minutes or until all
the liquid has evaporated.
4. Remove from heat.
Wrappers (for 8 sambusa)
4 large flour tortillas; cut in half
oil for frying
1. Form a cone with each half.
2. Fill with 2 Tbsp. of filling.
3. Close seam with the flour paste.
4. Preheat oil in a pan; add the sambusa and cook until golden.
5. Remove and drain on paper towel.
NOTE: The filling is a very large recipe. I actually divide it into fourths and freeze.
Some people might be reading this recipe and think that I am weird. I would have never thought that using flour tortillas as wrappers would work. Not only does it work, it tastes great. I love the fact that they are always available.