Spinach and Cheese Sambusa/samosa
1 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 cup butter
1 sm. yellow onion; chopped
2 cloves garlic; minced
1/4 ts. cumin powder
1/4 ts. ground cardamom
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 lemon, zest only
1. Squeeze spinach dry by hand. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion and garlic and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
4. Add cumin and cardamom and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
5. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
6. Add feta, cream cheese and lemon zest. Cook, stirring to distribute, until cheeses are melted,
about 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
8. Fill each uncooked sambusa wrapper with a spoonful of the filling.
9. Close top using a flour paste.
10. Fry until golden brown.
11. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.