2 cups basmati rice; rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp. oil
2 chicken cubes
3 cups chicken stock
2 cinnamon sticks
5 cardamom pods
1. Heat oil in a pot; add the chicken cubes and stir to dissolve.
2. Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 minute to coat the rice with the oil.
3. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to very low and cover.
5. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Steak and Green Onions
1/2 lbs beef; cut into really small cubes
1 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
1/2 chicken cube
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. garlic; minced
1. Heat the oil in a small pot; add the beef and brown for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and chicken cube and stirfry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the water and cover.
4. When most of the liquid disappears, add the hoisin sauce.
5. Cook for 5 minutes on low.
6. Serve over rice with green onions.
NOTE: Hoisin sauce is a bit sweet.