Sabaya # 1
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp. butter; melted
3/4 cup warm water
oil for brushing on the dough during folding
1/2 ts. salt
1. Combine the water, flour, salt, and the butter in a bowl; mix to form a dough.
2. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 15 minutes.
3. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 2 hours.
4. Knead for 2 minutes and then divide into 4 pieces.
5. Lightly coat each piece in flour and flatten slightly.
6. Flatten with a rolling pin until each piece is very thin; brush with oil.
7. Fold (see pics) and set aside.
8. Flatten with a rolling pin until each piece is about 1/4 inch thick.
9. Preheat a skillet over medium heat and brush with oil.
10. Place one sabaya in the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
11. Brush with oil and then flip.
12. Gently press down the sabaya so that it cooks evenly on the bottom.
13. Flip and continue cooking on the other side until cooked.
14. Remove and place on a paper towel.
15. Store in an air tight container or Ziplock.
NOTE: These freeze really well. You can freeze them before you cook them by placing each piece between parchment paper or freeze them after they are cooked.