3 cups of basmati rice
4 cups of water
3 chicken cubes
1 onion; chopped
1 carrots; finely chopped
4 chicken drumsticks; skinned and cut into very small pieces
1. Boil the chicken in 5 cups of water; reserve for cups of the stock for the rice.
2. Wash rice thoroughly and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large pot.
4. Add the onions, carrots, and chicken cubes; saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add the rice and stir-fry for for 2 minutes.
6. Add the stock and chicken and stir; cook covered until the rice comes to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to very low and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.