Potato and Coriander Sambusa/Samosa
2 Tbsp. butter
1 ts. ginger; minced
1 ts. cumin seeds
1/2 ts. curry powder
1/4 ts. garam masala
1 lg. potato; peeled and diced
3 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. raisins
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup cilantro
2 green onions; sliced
1. Heat the butter in a large frying pan; add the ginger, cumin seeds, curry powder, and garam
marsala and fry lightly for 1 minute or until very fragrant.
2. Add the potato and 3 tablespoons of water and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until
the potatoes are tender.
3. Add the raisins, peas, cilantro, and green onion and stir through.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. Fill each uncooked sambusa wrapper with a spoonful of the filling.
6. Close top using a flour paste.
7. Fry until golden brown.
8. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.