3 cups water
1/2 ts. salt
1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 ts. cardamom powder
1 1/2 cups buttermilk or laban
1/2 cup milk
1. In a pot, add the water, salt, sugar, cardamom, and the oats; bring to a boil and then reduce the
heat to low.
2. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
3. Pour into a blender and blend until the oatmeal is very smooth.
4. Add the buttermilk and continue to blend.
5. Return the oatmeal mixture to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
NOTE: I made mine with 2 cups of buttermilk and found it to be a little too sour. For this recipe
I changed it and added some milk. You can add whatever you like as long as it is 2 cups.