I remember the first time I had these. I was living in Saudi Arabia and was visiting my neighbor. When I first heard of cheese sambusas. I wasn't sure if I wanted to try this or not. I am so glad I did. These little beauties are awesome. Especially if you are able to get KIRI cheese squares.
Makes 8 large sambusa
120 g. cream cheese or 6 Kiri cheeses
1/2 onion; finely chopped
3 cloves garlic; minced
2 Tbsp. feta cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese; grated
2 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. carrots; grated
3 Tbsp. cilantro; chopped
2. Add the onions, carrots, and cilantro; stir.
3. Fill each sambusa cone with 1 Tbsp. of the cheese filling.
4. Seal the top seam with flour paste.
5. Preheat oil on medium heat.
6. Cook 4 sambusa at a time until golden and bubbly.
7. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
You can use pre-packaged sambusa wrappers, Chinese won ton wrappers, flour tortilla wraps, or you can make them from scratch.