3 Tbs. olive oil
1 sm. onion; finely chopped
14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
3 Tbs. tomato paste
red chilies (2 for a mild); finely chopped
7 dates; seeded
2 Tbs. tamarind concentrate
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. garlic; minced
1. Heat oil in a small pot.
2. Add the onion and cook until they are translucent.
3. Add the tomatoes. tomato paste, and chilies; cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the dates, tamarind, and lemon juice; cook on low for 15 minutes.
5. Add the coriander, garlic, and salt; cook for 5 minutes.
6. When it has cooled, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refridgeration.
NOTE: This chutney will last a long time if you are careful not to contaminate it. Make sure you use a clean spoon every time you use it.