1/4 cup almonds; ground
1/3 cup coconut; shredded
2/3 cups oil
1 onion; chopped
1 tsp. ginger; minced
1 tsp. garlic; minced
1 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup yogurt
4 chicken quarters; skinned
1. In a heavy pan, dry roast the ground almonds and coconut; set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, stirring until golden brown.
3. Combine the ginger, garlic, chili powder, garam masala, salt and the yogurt.
4. Add the almonds and coconut; mix well.
5. Add the onions to the spice mixture, blend and set aside.
6. Arrange the chicken pieces in a casserole.
7. Spoon the spice mixture over the chicken sparingly.
8. Cook in a pre-heated ovem, 425 F for 35 - 45 minutes.
Note: I put too much of the spice mixture on mine. It was still good though.