Spaghetti with Beef and Potatoes
1 lbs. beef; cut into large chunks
1 onion; 1/2 sliced and other half finely chopped
1 ts. garlic; minced
1 potato; cut into large pieces
1 carrot; cut into i inch pieces
1/2 green pepper; cut into strips
3 Tbsp. oil
1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
1/2 ts. salt
1. Boil the beef in water until tender.
2. When the beef is cooked add the carrots and potatoes; cook for 7 minutes or until almost
cooked. (Do not overcook or the potatoes will make the sauce mushy.)
3. Remove the meat, carrots, and potatoes from the water; set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a pot; add the minced onions and cook until translucent.
5. Add the garlic and tomatoes; simmer covered for 20 minutes until some of the liquid has
5. Add the beef and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
6. Add the onions, salt, and green peppers; cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the carrots and potatoes and gently stir.
8. Serve over pasta.