1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt
2 TBs. sugar
11/2 cup soor(white or yellow cornmeal)
1 Tbs. butter
1/2 Tbs. orange juice
1/4 cup ricotta cheese, whisked together with 2 tsp. sugar
1/2 cup chopped dates
1. Bring milk, water, salt, and sugar to a boil in heavy non-stick pot. (Make sure it doesn't boil over.)
2. Reduce the heat so that the liquid is barely simmering and drizzle the soor over in a slow, thin stream, whisking constantly in the same direction untilall the grains have been absorbed and the mixture is lumpfree.
3. Reduce the heat to very low.
4. Switch to a wooden spoon and stir every 2 minutes for 25 minutes, oe until the soor pulls away from the sodes of the pan and the grains have softened.
5. Stir in the butter and orange juice.
6. Mound the soor into dessert bowls and make an impression in the middle with the back of the wooden spoon.
7. Place some sweetened ricotta in the center of each hollow, scatter with chopped dates.