1/8 cup oil
1/8 cup butter; melted
2 cups flour
1/2 cup warm water
oil for frying
1. Heat the butter and oil.
2. Rub into the flour and salt until it is mixed.
3. Add the water and knead until smooth.
4. Cut into marble size pieces and press one side onto the end of a fork.
5. The other side should have a small dent.
6. Fry until golden.
7. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Simmer the water and sugar until it becomes frothy.
2. Drop in the shushumu pieces and stir until all the pieces are coated.
3. Remove from heat and cool.
NOTE- it was recommended that using milk instead of water made it much better. (Thank you anonynous)
I store these in a Ziploc bag.