1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or Atta flour
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp. ghee or oil
2/3 cup water
oil for deep-frying
1. Sift the flours together with a pinch of salt.
2. Rub in the ghee and gradually add water to form a firm dough.
3. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and leave for 50 minutes.
5. Divide into 18 pieces and roll each into 5 inch circles.
6. Heat oil; add puri to the pan, one at a time, and cook spooning oil over top until it puffs up.
7. Flip and fry until both sides are golden brown.
8. Drain on paper towel.
NOTE: This is best if served right away.
You can also add cumin or black pepper to the dough.