4 cups flour
1 ts. baking powder
1/2 ts. baking soda
1 ts. salt
1 egg; beaten
1 Tbsp. butter or ghee; melted
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup milk
2-3 Tbsp. ghee; melted (for brushing)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly grease 2 baking trays or use a pizza stone.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 ts. salt.
3. Mix in the egg, ghee, and yogurt, and gradually add enough of the milk to form a soft dough.
4. Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 2 hours.
5. Knead the dough on a well floured surface for 2-3 minutes.
6. Divide into 8 portions and roll each into an oval 5 inches long.
7. Brush with water and place, wet side down on the baking pan or pizza stone.
8. Brush with the extra ghee and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
NOTE: The pizza stone needs to be preheated.