Lamb and Spinach
1/2 cup oil
2 med. onions; sliced
1/2 bunch cilantro; chopped
1 - 3 green chilis; chopped
1 1/2 tsp. ginger; minced
1 1/2 tsp. garlic; minced
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. tumeric
1 lbs lean lamb; cut into large cubes
1 tsp. salt
2 lbs. spinach; chopped
3 1/4 cups water
1. Fry the onions in the oil until they are translucent.
2. Add the cilantro and half of the chilies and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat and add the ginger, garlic, chili powder, and turmeric to the pan; stir to mix.
4. Add the lamb to the pan and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the salt and the spinach and
cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the water and cook, covered for about 45 minutes.
6. Uncover and check to see if the lamb is tender.
7. If all the liquid has not evaporated, raise the heat and cook uncovered until all the liquid is