1 cup flour; sifted
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 cup butter; melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. warm milk
oil for frying
1. In a bowl, gently blend the sifted flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar, and egg.
3. Add the milk to the butter/sugar mixture and mix.
4. Add mixture to the flour and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
5. Cover with a damp towel and let rest in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
6. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick piece.
7. Cut into shapes. Some people cut it into diamond shapes or squares.
8. Deep fry until golden brown.
9. Drain on paper towels.