1 cup canned corn
1/4 ts. salt
1/8 ts. white pepper
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 ts. ground cinnamon
Pinch ground cloves
1/8 ts. ground nutmeg
1 cup flour, sifted
1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1 1/2 ts. baking powder
1. Mix the corn with the salt and pepper pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, cloves,
and nutmeg; whisk to combine.
2. Gently stir the all-purpose flour, cake flour, and baking soda into the pumpkin mixture. Stir
just until the ingredients are combined, so as not to over-mix.
3. Wrap bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Carefully spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of the fritter batter into the hot oil to fry.
5. Cook no more than 6 at a time, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning when necessary, until the
fritters are a golden brown.
6. Remove the fritters from the oil and drain on a paper-towel.