Aana Baraawe (Somali Fudge)
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup milk (I used whole milk.)
1/4 c. butter; melted
1/4 ts. cardamom
1. Bring the milk and sugar to a boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for about 2 hours or until the mixture turns a golden brown.
3. Add the butter and stir continuously until thick.
4. Add the cardamom and continue to stir.
5. Continue to cook until it is thick and sticky.
6. Pour onto parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with non stick spray.
7. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and flatten to about 1/2 inch.
8. Freeze for 30 minutes and cut into pieces.
this is a delicious recipe. first time to ur blog. u have excellent recipies. visit my blog too.ReplyDelete
Mashallah thank you sister for sharing this interesting blog on somali foods.I have learnt alot,especially on somali food.Thank you sister and may Allah bless you,and your family :)ReplyDelete
macaan thank uReplyDelete
i love all of your recipes. i visit your site daily and my husband loved all the different food we have been trying thanks to my muslim sister. Inshallah may Allah grant your wishes sister Amiin.ReplyDelete