Shaah (Somali Tea) and Somali Sweets
6 cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
5 thin slices of ginger
2 cups water
1/4 c. sugar
1 cup milk
1. In a kettle, add the teabags and the water.
2. Crush the cardamom, cloves, and the cinnamon using a pedestle and mortar.
3. Add the crushed spices, ginger, and sugar to the kettle.
4. Once it has boiled, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the milk and gently bring to another boil.
NOTE: * I use a little metal strainer when pouring into a teapot. That way I don't get any
pieces in the pot.
* You can omit the sugar and milk while cooking and just have it on the side.